Secrets to Selling Fast
If you’re a homeowner and you need to move, you probably
want to sell your house as quickly as possible. Here are some tips to make the
- Price it right. Don’t start high and drop the price later.
Shave 15 to 20 percent off of the appraisal price.
- Give it a makeover. Use quick updates on the interior and
exterior to increase a buyer’s first impression.
- Don’t upgrade too much. Visual updates may be necessary, but
don’t invest too much money in a house you are trying to sell.
- Maximize light. Lighter curtains and higher wattage light
bulbs help. Before a showing, turn on all the lights so prospective buyers
enter a welcoming home.
- Organize, organize, organize. Get rid of excess clutter and organize
even closed spaces like closets and cabinets.
- Depersonalize. It may be counter-intuitive, but remove all of
your personal family pictures and quirky decor. Prospective buyers should
be able to picture themselves in your space.
- Remove your animals. Try to remove all evidence of your pets
- Make your home available. Be ready to do showings at any time
in order to maximize home views.
- List it online. Work with your realtor and list your home on
all major sites using quality pictures and neighborhood information.
Want to get started selling your house? Consult Terrie Ball
today for more tips.