Moving Tips for New Homeowners
Moving into a new home is exciting and a little bit intimidating, like taking the first step into a brand new world. There will always be challenges to face as you adjust to your new home, but sometimes changes can be much more difficult than necessary. Below are a few tips for making your move-in as smooth and simple as possible.
- Check your insulation: Pay special attention to the insulation in the attic, as warm air tends to rise and escape through the ceiling if the insulation is sparse or of poor quality.
- Install ceiling fans where necessary: Ceiling fans help to keep air circulating in a room and are a great way to keep your electricity bill low by limiting the work of your AC unit.
- Wrap water pipes: Wrapping the exposed pipes with insulation will ensure that your hot water is as hot as possible when it reaches your faucet, saving you energy.
- Check the plumbing: Check toilets and sinks for leaks, stoppages, or any other plumbing issues that could affect your water bill or the safety of your home.
- Keep vents clear: HVAC vents can become clogged with dust or blocked by furniture, making it harder to circulate air through your home.
For more tips to help new homeowners, contact Terrie Ball and see how a professional real estate agent can help you.